RE: [h-e-w] bash commands

From: Flynn, Michael
Subject: RE: [h-e-w] bash commands
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 10:24:36 -0800

Hi,
I have the cygwin bin and the emacs bin in my PATH and this in my _emacs
(given to me by someone on this list):

;; Shell stuff
;; These few lines are needed so that we can do shell-command and shell
(setq binary-process-input t)
(setq shell-file-name "bash")
(setq shell-command-switch "-ic")
(setenv "SHELL" shell-file-name)
(setq explicit-shell-file-name "bash")
(setq explicit-sh-args '("-login" "-i"))
(setq w32-quote-process-args ?\") ;; Use Cygnus quoting rules.
(setq shell-multiple-shells t) ;; generate a new shell each time.

;; end Shell stuff

I can run all shell commands and I can start a shell and run anything in it.

I hope this helps.

Good luck,

Michael