Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts
Date: 16 Jan 2002 18:52:46 +0000

Jerome BESNARD <address@hidden> writes:

> This is what I tried first, but It is NOT working with any monospaced font I
> have on my computer

Maybe some part of Emacs with which I am not familiar is enforcing
that monospaced fonts stay monospaced, and the synthesized bold and
italic versions are actually a pixel wider.

> except Courier. Ironically it is working with
> non-monospaced fonts (my english is not so sure of what the word
> non-monospaced can be compressed in...)

Proportional.

> Hmmm... I think I'll wait for a new emacs (21.2) before doing to much debug.

It doesn't appear to be fixed in the current 21.2 pretest, but I may
get time to look at it before it is released.

--
Jason Rumney