Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts

From: Robert Praetorius
Subject: Re: [h-e-w] Trouble with fonts
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 03:42:19 +1100

> Despite reading the Faq, I seem to be unable to use the 'Andale' font
> AND to have italic faces (that I could see why) but even bold faces (I
> only have the normal version of the font, used for every face
> defined...)

     I think I'm seeing something similar, without getting into lisp code.  If
I start
a new frame (C-X 5 B foo) and use <S-down-mouse-1> to select a font for the
frame, I
can get bold and italic with Courier, but not with various other monospace
fonts that I
tried (Andale Mono, Hyperfont, Lucida Console.  Interestingly (perhaps), the
spacing
with these fonts changes when I select bold, but the glyphs displayed remain
the same.