help-debbugs

Re: cannot (force)merge bugs

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: cannot (force)merge bugs
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 13:41:32 -0600

Talking to myself here: I guess the Subject: line is ignored, even
though the error return certainly implied otherwise. Oh well.

Next conundrum: when I send a forcemerge in the body, it comes back
saying it succeeded, but the merge was not actually done. Is there a delay?

    Processing commands for control@debbugs.gnu.org:

    > merge 62853 62854
    bug#62853: Man page “Name” section should be revised to be conformant
to the POSIX man specification
    bug#62854: aclocal: Man page “Name” section should be revised to be
conformant to the POSIX man specification
    Merged 62853 62854.

But the web pages show no sign of the merge happening:

Any clues? --thanks, karl.