help-debbugs

Re: Remove IP address

From: Ali Reza Hayati
Subject: Re: Remove IP address
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2020 18:55:42 +0330

Hello everybody,
I hope you're well.

Followed the messages you guys CCed me in. Thank you for following this issue and discussing it.

I was wondering if you reached a conclusion. I didn't see any conclusion or result in the messages but I'm not on the list so I may miss some messages.

This is not on behalf of GNU; this is just my personal opinion on the matter.

I believe no matter what the policies say that what we an or can't publish, or how the requestor should've been careful about requestor's data, we should make some exceptions sometimes.

I don't think the system has a major problem. If the requestor sends an email message to someone, that data will be visible to other people too, so someone can easily access to this data without even digging in GNU Debbugs pages.

I believe that IP address is the server's, which obviously is something public otherwise wouldn't be used for sending email messages.

However, if the requestor is asking for this data to be removed, if it doesn't harm anyone or anything, we should help perse to get what perse wants; in this case, removing IP address.

If you can edit that page, and remove that IP address, please do.

Again, please let me or GNU webmasters <webmasters@gnu.org> know about the issue. If you contact webmasters, please include "[gnu.org #1659234]" in the subject.

Best.

Once again, what I said was my personal opinion and this email doesn't represent GNU on the matter.

--
Ali Reza Hayati (https://alirezahayati.com)
PGP: 6ACD 8BF4 4109 E852 96B7 2F20 6118 CCE2 1080 D0E2