help-debbugs

Re: Hyperbole debbugs fields incompatible with debbugs-get-bugs.

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: Hyperbole debbugs fields incompatible with debbugs-get-bugs.
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 16:53:31 +0200

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Glenn:

Hi Bob,

> Thanks for setting up the Hyperbole project debbugs database.  It is
> very useful.  However, I see that the fields and values in the database
> do not match those used in `debbugs-get-bugs' from "debbugs.el".  Could
> you change it so they match and we could use this function.

Glenn hasn't done anything special for the Hyperbole project, everything
is set up as it should. What you see are discrepancies between how you
request data via the Debbugs::SOAP interface, and how this is kept in
the debbugs database.

> Here is what I get back when making a status request on one bug:
>
> ;; Query
> ((severity . "normal")
>  (package . "hyperbole"))
>
> ;; Status
> ((cache_time . 1466604661.543341)
>  (fixed_versions)
>  (originator . "\"Feng Shu\" <address@hidden>")
>  (forwarded)
>  (package "hyperbole")
>  (found)
>  (found_date)
>  (blockedby)
>  (fixed)
>  (last_modified . 1466371922)
>  (bug_num . 23789)
>  (unarchived)
>  (location . "db-h")
>  (log_modified . 1466371922)
>  (source . "unknown")
>  (subject . "rolo-sort run incorrect.")
>  (owner)
>  (pending . "pending")
>  (blocks)
>  (msgid . "<address@hidden>")
>  (found_versions)
>  (summary)
>  (date . 1466214002)
>  (fixed_date)
>  (done)
>  (keywords)
>  (id . 23789)
>  (tags)
>  (mergedwith)
>  (affects)
>  (archived)
>  (severity . "normal"))
>
> -------
>
> Here are the differences I noticed:
> Instead of a status field, there is a pending field.  I would really
> like an "open" value for the status field as well rather than just pending.

"pending" is the field debbugs keeps the status of a bug. It could have
the values "pending", "forwarded", "fixed" and "done". You'll ask for
this with the :status keyword in debbugs-get-bugs.

> Instead of owner and submitter fields there is originator.
> There is no maint field.

"originator" is the field which keeps the submitter's email address. You
ask for with the :submitter keyword of debbugs-get-bugs.

"owner" is also an email address, but this is the address of somebody
who has declared herself as responsible for solving a bug. It is not set
in your example, because nobody has said so.

> Mainly, if the setup could just match the Lisp function, that would be
> very helpful.

I confirm that this is a little bit confusing. Most of the cases, the
query keywords, and the attribute names in the debbugs database are
identical. The pending/status and originator/submitter cases are the
only exceptions I remember. We follow in debbugs.el, what the
Debbugs::SOAP interface from Debian has specified.

I hope this is explained sufficiently in the manual. If not, pls ping me.

> Thanks,
>
> Bob

Best regards, Michael.