help-bash

Re: In which version was enable-bracketed-paste introduced?

From: Peng Yu
Subject: Re: In which version was enable-bracketed-paste introduced?
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:55:29 -0600

Hi Chet,

I actually feel enabling this by default is quite annoying.

I can feel it is a little sluggish. Also, it is buggy in some cases (I
don't know what causes it, maybe the ANSI control sequences are not
handled correctly) so that it is not highlighted but just pasting some
ANSI control sequences.

The text length is not calculated correctly. For example, it may cause
the move-on to the next line when it is should not be (I guess it is
because the control sequence is accounted toward the length of the
copied text, but the length of the text shown is not the same).

Should this feature be turned off by default?

--
Regards,
Peng