help-bash

Re: I would like to cite Bash documentation

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: I would like to cite Bash documentation
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 10:38:07 -0400

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 8:26 AM Guy sharony <address@hidden> wrote:

> I also want to ask you, do you know other interesting manuals I can learn
> from? And as I suppose you have a lot of experience in programming I'm also
> curious to know which manuals or resources are you using to create such
> complex programs? And do you think using the manuals for our projects is a
> great way to improve our knowledge and skills in programming?

The info manual that you linked to is obviously the most authoritative
source on the subject but I would also _highly_ recommend the [wooledge
wiki][1] and the various sites it links to. As it seems you've already
discovered it's abundantly easier to find very bad information on bash on
the Internet than it is to find good information. :)

My favorite book on general programming is [Code Complete by Steve
McConnell][2]. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Lurking on #bash on freenode is also an excellent way to pick up effective
bash.

[1]: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/
[2]: https://stevemcconnell.com/books/