health

Re: [Health] [Health-dev] import with GNU Health functionality

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] [Health-dev] import with GNU Health functionality
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:49:09 +0100

Dear Edgar

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 12:43:00 +0200
Edgar_ <edgar@hagenbichler.at> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> at https://www.hagenbichler.at/GH_import.pdf I documented with
> screenshots how I tried to import three products. I do not want to
> use proteus.

Proteus is the best way to import information to GNU Health. However I
understand your point of trying to import the file from the client.

> The csv-file looks like this:
>
> Name,Account Category,List Price,Type,Default UOM
>
> ANC (Micro),General,2100.0000,Service,Unit
>
> Urine MCS (Adult),Urine bench,1100.0000,Service,Unit
>
> Urine MCS (Children),Urine bench,600.0000,Service,Unit
>

> In Product/Categories/Categories I created first „General“ (tick
> Accounting) and „Urine bench“ (tick Accounting).
>

> When I import the csv-file then, the error occurs:
>
> error: the value „Services“ on Field „Type“ on Product Template is
> not in the selection

Basically, "Services" is the English, human readable representation of
the actual value. You need to use the actual value at the model level.

Also, if things have not changed much... the CSV import did not handle
relational fields either.

So, because of that (and other technical reasons), I just use proteus
for batch input.

PS: I have just replied to "health" mailing list, to avoid
cross-posting.

All the best
Luis