health

Re: [Health] Issue upgrading a database from gnuhealth 3.2 to gnuhealth

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Issue upgrading a database from gnuhealth 3.2 to gnuhealth 3.4
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2019 10:43:53 +0100

Dear Armand

On Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:59:59 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Dear Luis,
>
>     On Friday, June 14, 2019, 6:20:40 PM GMT+1, Luis Falcon
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Have you tried with the official GNU Health client ?
>
> Did have a few issue testing it on my virtual machine.
> However I am using the Tryton client because this is the client users
> are using in the production environment.They still use Windows PC.
> After 4 years I haven't managed to fully "evangelize" them to using
> Open source.The local demo database is running well and does not have
> any issue.I know it may take months before I convince you, but I
> strongly believe that we need to find a way of having a Windows
> version of the GNU Health client.May we add it as a future
> development task? Cheers, Armand

I would run naked around the European Parliament if that would help the
cause, but I can not do things that are markedly opposite to my
philosophy of freedom and equity.

Running GNU Health in non-libre platforms is not good, from the
ethical and privacy point of views. It is crucial to use libre
operating systems in healthcare, so, for the sake of the community, I
will not write a single line of code in Microsoft Windows environment.

That said, we are about Freedom, and if someone wants to run GNU Health
in a virtual environment, then is her / his choice. Same if someone
wants to port the gnu health HMIS client to run in MS Windows.

All the best

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, M.D., BSc
President, GNU Solidario