health

Re: [Health] GNU Health - Jamaica version

From: ronald munjoma
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health - Jamaica version
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 06:30:02 +0200

Hi Fabian,

On 29 October 2014 18:14, Fabián C. <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Luis.

Dear Edgar
On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:01:04 +0100 (CET)
address@hidden wrote:

> Dear GNU Health team,
>   congratulations for team for the Jamaicanian version!
>   &nbsp;
>   I would appreciate very much to get this version for testing.
> Especially I am interested in the reporting functions that are used
> to inform the government about the administrative details of the
> hospitalized patients, like dates, PUID, ICD-10 and procedures. Which
> versions in detail are used, are there DRGs and how are they
> composed. Is there any official documentation and an official version
> for download? (I did not find it on health.gnu.org.) Thanks for help!
Thank you for your kind words, and for your interest in GNU Health.

Each health institution, province or country will use the standard GNU
Health modules, and then customize them to fit their needs (reporting,
finances, etc...)

Jamaica is just one of them. The difference is that is a *big*
implementation, that just started and that will grow to over 360 health
institutions country wide in next months / years.

Many features that are being implemented in Jamaica will be standard in
the upcoming GNU Health 2.8. For example GNU Health uses the new Tryton
synchronization engine, from B2CK, to aggregate specific information in
the central instance generated from all centers across Jamaica.

They are also using ICPM for procedures and ICD10.

Let me invite you, and any other interested in GNU Health, to join us at
Tryton Unconference Leipzig [1], this coming November 14th-16th.

Do you know if there will be a link for tracking the conferences on live?

​From Cedric:

For those who can not attend to the #TUL2014, a live stream will be
available at http://tul2014.tryton.org/360-live/

Best and Regards
Ronald Munjoma

I think it would be great for people who we can not be present in them.

Thanks

--
Best regards
Fabián Calle

Some of the topics to be presented, Cedric will be talking about
the Synchro engine for Jamaica; I will be talking about the new
features in upcoming GNU Health 2.8 and we will have GNU Health
colleagues from different countries. Axel Braun - the creator of the
LiveCD installation for OpenSUSE - will also participate, plus the
friendly and cool Tryton international community :)

So, I definitely think you will find it interesting and we can exchange
ideas in detail.

1.- http://tul2014.tryton.org/

Looking forward to meeting you,

--