health

Re: [Health] Please consider to make a donation to the Tryton Foundation

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Please consider to make a donation to the Tryton Foundation
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 22:31:32 +0000

Hi Albert

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM, Albert Cervera i Areny
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear GNU Health Community,
>
> As you may know, GNU Health is built on top of an amazing software application
> platform named Tryton [1]. Several weeks ago we were pleased to announce the
> long awaited Tryton Foundation [2] which is in charge of the financial needs
> of
> the Tryton project, including the expenses of its creation, the accounting
> cost and servers cost.

Yes. Tryton is an excellent Free framework that has allowed us to
deploy GNU Health. We are very happy about the Foundation and its
goals !
> The Tryton Foundation is already composed of a board of volunteering directors
> and several supporters, which we expect that will keep growing in the time to
> come.

Proud of the board of directors and proud to have Sebastian as a
member in the Tryton Foundation board of directors.

> Now we need the financial help of the whole Tryton Community to help the
> Foundation carry on with its task of support to the Tryton project.
>
> We want to encourage you to make a donation to the Tryton Foundation and help
> this exciting and growing project that already brings an open source business
> solution free from any vendor lock-ins!

By all means. I encourage everybody to donate to the Tryton
foundation. With a small amount we can reach that goal very soon.

Let's not forget that with Tryton you will never have to worry about
any vendor lock-in, unlike the competition does. Tryton will _always_
remain free, and the upgrades will included.A quick reminder about the
importance of fighting for free software can be found in one of my
blog posts (
http://www.meanmicio.org/2011/09/free-software-versus-open-source-tryton.html
). Please take a look at it. It is important.

> Help us achieve the 3.000€ target (*). Please, go to [2] to find out how to
> make your donation.
>
> It's in your hands!

Supporting _true_ Free Software projects (Tryton, Postgresql, GNU
Health ... ) means supporting the freedom of the people. Count on us.
Also, we'll be happy to share our GNU Health server in Amsterdam for
additional Tryton demo servers.

--
Luis Falcon
GNU Health