h5md-user

[h5md-user] Minor revisions before H5MD v1.0

From: Peter Colberg
Subject: [h5md-user] Minor revisions before H5MD v1.0
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 16:57:04 -0400

Hi all,

As we are closing on the first release of H5MD, I would like to bring
in two minor revisions, one concerning the box group, and one with
regard to the parameters group.

For the box group, in the fixed-size case, I would recommend to store
"edges" and "offset" as attributes. Besides being the “right” way to
store small data, this sets a good example for users with regard to
their custom metadata.

The "parameters" group is intended as a program-dependent group.
I suggest to remove the "parameters/dimension" attribute, as it
is in contrast to the purpose of this group. The dimension can
be derived from, e.g., the "edges" attributes or "edges/value"
dataset, similar to the number of particles being derived from
"position/value" dataset(s).

I am looking forward to the H5MD release :-).

(This weekend is the release weekend of Debian. Hurray!)

Peter