guix-science

Re: Conda environments and reproducibility

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Re: Conda environments and reproducibility
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2023 12:43:23 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2023 at 12:05, Ludovic Courtès <ludovic.courtes@inria.fr> wrote:

> It’s an interesting experiment, great that you set it up!

That's cool, isn't it? :-)

Well, the current pipeline tests exactly what we discussed: the effect
of the Conda resolver.  However I would add two others:

 1. also use the image continuumio/miniconda3:latest
 2. install Miniconda on the top of the Docker image of Debian
unstable and run "apt update && apt upgrade"

And I expect that #2 will break first, then #1 and last the current
one.  My crystal ball told that we have to wait 2 years before the
current break... wait and see.

Cheers,
simon