guix-devel

Scheduling a new release?

From: Simon Tournier
Subject: Scheduling a new release?
Date: Mon, 06 May 2024 13:12:25 +0200

Hi all,

Here or there, we have bugs as:

    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70659
    https://issues.guix.gnu.org/70726

And our answer looks like:

        > Additionally, I strongly advise upgrading guix-daemon, as noted in the
        > bug report above.

Well, the bugs appear because the user is upgrading guix-daemon. ;-)

In both cases (#70659 and #70726), it comes from a fresh install (latest
release v1.4.0) and then the first ’guix pull’ aiming to upgrade all
leads to that reported error.

Therefore, I strongly advise upgrading latest Guix release. ;-)

Although these days I do not have much free time, let make a new release
as soon as possible.  WDYT?

Who’s in?

Cheers,
simon