guix-devel

Re: Hostile takeover of the matrix room

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: Hostile takeover of the matrix room
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2022 09:36:03 +0200

Hi Jacob,

I recommend seeking help for your compulsive lying. Czechia's a great country, they don't deserve to be associated with abusive behaviour.

Please remember that you've been banned from Guix for just this pattern of dishonesty, of which I'm only your latest victim. Don't take it personally. I don't.

That ban includes these mailing lists. It *should* include the bug tracker, but there seems to be a technical glitch preventing that. I'll look into it.

Jacob Hrbek 写道:
during transfer of #guix:matrix.org on #guix:tchncs.de

I asked Matrix.org, but no such ‘transfer’ attempt appears to ever have taken place.

They do, however, absolutely not endorse the operation of spambots to fake it or force it upon everyone else in the room.

This bot should have vanished as soon as the first of several complaints rolled in — before I was ever made aware of it.

(One tip: if you want to run your own community, you'll have to learn to deal with such complaints in a less rude & condescending manner, or users won't respect your authoritah.)

A legitimate transfer would have been quick, relatively painless (I'm *extremely* impressed by the matrix.org staff), and avoided all disruption and confusion in the original room.

It's disappointing, but not surprising, that you chose the latter.

Hail Guix,

T G-R