guix-devel

Re: [POSTMORTEM] Subkey is not authorized by .guix-authorizations

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [POSTMORTEM] Subkey is not authorized by .guix-authorizations
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 15:23:17 +0200

Hello!

I’m late to the party, but thanks a lot for sending this analysis!

Andrew Tropin <andrew@trop.in> skribis:

> * What could be done better?
> - guix pull could be done from local checkout, before pushing.

Setting a pre-push hook that invokes ‘guix git authenticate’, as
recommended in the manual (info "(guix) Commit Access"), should be
enough: ‘git push’ would just fail in that situation.

Reported at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/57091>.

> - Add pre-push hook, which checks authorization on Savannah.

That one is difficult: Guix is not installed on those machines.

Another option would be to push to a different machine, one that we
control, and make Savannah a mirror of that one.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.