guix-devel

Re: Updating mumi on berlin

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Updating mumi on berlin
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 10:00:55 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, 03 May 2022 at 17:42, Thiago Jung Bauermann <bauermann@kolabnow.com>
wrote:
> zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Instead of subscription, public-inbox provides the archives as a Git
>> repo.  Therefore, being up to date just becomes “guix pull” and the Git
>> repo can be transformed to Maildir using e.g.,
>>
>>     $git rev-list <range> | while read sha; do
>>      $git show $sha:m > <maildir>/new/$sha
>>     done
>>
>> (modulo some errors for deleted messaged, another story).
>
> Just an aside about public-inbox: Starting with version 0.7 it ships
> with a ‘lei’ tool that can be used to query a local or remote
> public-inbox repo, and export the matching messages to a maildir.

Thanks.  Maybe I am missing something, “guix show public-inbox” tells
version 1.6.1 but I do not find ’lei’.  Anyway.

That’s why I used this ugly loop. ;-)

> So the above would become something like:

> The maildir can even be updated later with newer messages matching the
> query with:
>
> $ lei up <maildir>

Yes, I agree ’lei’ is cool.  For instance, it allows to filter (and thus
follow), e.g., let query for the patches submitted the last 3 months to
’gnu/packages/bioinformatics.scm’ touching R packages,

dfn:gnu/packages/bioinformatics AND b:r-build-system AND rt:3.months.ago..

where

   dfn:     match filename from diff
   b:       match within message body, including text attachments
   rt:      match date-time range, git "approxidate" formats supported
            Open-ended ranges such as `d:last.week..' and `d:..2.days.ago'
            are supported

<https://yhetil.org/guix/?q=dfn%3Agnu%2Fpackages%2Fbioinformatics+AND+b%3Ar-build-system+AND+rt%3A3.months.ago..>

Then, ’lei up’ will request the public-inbox server for this query and
will download the messages if any.

Cheers,
simon