guix-devel

Re: How to find binaries in libexec dir?

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: Re: How to find binaries in libexec dir?
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:27:24 -0700

On 2022-04-17, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2022 16:21:50 -0700
> Vagrant Cascadian <vagrant@reproducible-builds.org> wrote:
>
>> But libxmlb ships the xb-tool binary in libexec, which diffoscope cannot
>> find on guix.
> I've looked upstream https://github.com/hughsie/libxmlb and it says, very
> close
> to the beginning (so it's a main feature apparently):
>
>>$ xb-tool compile fedora.xmlb fedora.xml.gz
>
> Well, for that to work, xb-tool should be in bin.
>
> I'd file a bug report with libxmlb to move xb-tool to bin.

Good suggestion, we'll see where it goes!

  Please install xb-tool into bin instead of libexec
  https://github.com/hughsie/libxmlb/issues/123

In the meantime, would it be reasonable to workaround this in guix by
patching libxmlb to include xb-tool in bin, either by moving it there,
or symlinking it from there?

live well,
  vagrant