guix-devel

guix system reconfigure after more than a year

From: vidak
Subject: guix system reconfigure after more than a year
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 19:46:31 -0800

Hello all.

I did not learn to `guix system reconfigure` until recently--well,
didn't know to use it to update important things periodically.

So i did one after more than a year since having done one on my
workstation. In fact the only time I ever did it was to instantiate my
workstation's system, and I could not for the life of me figure out how
to update the Linux kernel. Lol.

So, anyway, it succeeded easily.

Imagine trying to do something like that with Gentoo.

I feel this is a massive testament to Guix.

Thank you so much for all your amazing work.

~vidak