guix-devel

broken "make dist" on core-updates-frozen

From: Vagrant Cascadian
Subject: broken "make dist" on core-updates-frozen
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 16:31:53 -0800

Heads up for anyone working on merging core-updates-frozen into master!

There is a very long patch in core-updates-frozen for the gd package
which breaks "make dist" ... and about 10k packages are transitively
dependent on gd... so this seems (at least to me) really important to
fix before merging into master...

I've pushed a fix (simply using a shorter patch filename) to
core-updates-frozen-batched-changes:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?h=core-updates-frozen-batched-changes&id=22477c20604d88f2867c64405f86e7306a333f32

I hope that was a correct place to push it; I'm a little unclear as to
the correct branches with all the core-updates* variants right
now... clarity on that would be helpful.

I'll also make a plea to create a "make dist" job on ci.guix.gnu.org
soon, to catch these things earlier, as issues like this could block
making a release!

live well,
  vagrant