guix-devel

Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?

From: pinoaffe
Subject: Re: Merging the “binary” NPM importer?
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 23:34:57 +0200

Hi!

Jelle Licht writes:
> pinoaffe <pinoaffe@airmail.cc> writes:
>> I do however think that quite a couple of improvements would be
>> necessary before this can be merged
> The major ones I can think of are;
> - Be rebased on current master (or perhaps core-updates-fixed?)
> - tests
> - documentation
>
> Could you perhaps list some additional blockers?  We can always refine
> and improve on an acceptable upstreamed version, since it will be a
> once-and-done tool instead of some stable API.

I think one would also need to deal with the fact that a recursive
import is likely to include several versions of the same package,

and I think rebasing might end up requiring a bit of rewriting since it
appears to me that some of the interfaces used in the guix-npm-binary
importer have changed since it was written

Kind regards,
pinoaffe