guix-devel

Re: RISC-V is giving away developer boards

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: RISC-V is giving away developer boards
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2021 18:41:49 +0200

Hello Mark,

Am Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 11:29:59AM -0400 schrieb Mark H Weaver:
> This might be of interest:
>   https://riscv.org/blog/2021/04/risc-v-is-giving-away-developer-boards/
> Perhaps the Guix project would like to apply to get one of these?
> What do you think?

interesting offer, thanks for sharing it! It says that to obtain a board,
one needs to be a "RISC-V member", then the "join" link goes to a mailing
list on HPC. But there are more details on membership at:
   https://riscv.org/membership/

Individuals can become "community member" without fee, or we could also
have Guix Europe be a "community member" as a "registered non-profit".

Then there are pages and pages of fine print, which I did not yet take
the time to read.

Individuals affiliated to one of the existing members (among which there
are research institutes and so on) could also apply, I think.

In any case, we would first need volunteers for working on the port
before looking into the details.

Andreas