guix-devel

Re: bug#47867: [1.2.1 pre-release testing] substitute downloading and TL

From: pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
Subject: Re: bug#47867: [1.2.1 pre-release testing] substitute downloading and TLS errors
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 21:41:30 +0200

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 02:00:54PM -0400, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 07:03:26PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 05:27:54PM +0200, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz) wrote:
> > > It seems this is the bad commit.  Downloading the enlightenment
> > > substitute got stuck and after a few minutes displayed the usual TLS
> > > error.
> >
> > P.S. There are no issues on my Macbook on the same internet
> > connection, the issue is only with the Beebox PC.
>
> To clarify, you're running the same Guix on both machines, but it only
> fails on one of them?

No sorry I was mistaken, sorry for misguiding you.

I had thought so, but the actions were different on both machines.
Only full installs fail.

Doing a full install with the Enlightenment desktop environment fails
with TLS errors on the Beebox PC.

guix build enlightenment succeeds on the Macbook (with same Guix
commit), but

Running
mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
guile -c '((@ (gnu build install) mount-cow-store) "/mnt" "/tmp/guix-inst")'
guix build enlightenment
succeeds though.  (Without mount-cow-store disk space is insufficient.)

So I will try to do a full reinstall with Enlightenment on the Macbook
now after a backup.

Regards,
Florian