guix-devel

Re: Outreachy - Guix Data Service: implementing basic json output for de

From: Luciana Lima Brito
Subject: Re: Outreachy - Guix Data Service: implementing basic json output for derivation comparison page
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2021 13:12:07 +0000

Hi,

On Sat, 17 Apr 2021 18:45:14 +0100
Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

> Some more things to think about:
>
>  - Variable naming, what does the "matched" in matched outputs mean?
>    (same goes for the other "matched" things)

The name matched would refer to the match function, but I changed to
*-values. The names I wanted were "outputs", "inputs"
and "sources", but I already used them. If you have anything in mind,
please let me know.

>  - (if (null? ...), I'm unsure if all of those checks are necessary, I
>    believe some fields at least will never be "null?".

I revised it, I think now it's better.
About the "recursive" field, apparently it assumes a string value "t"
or "f", and I convert this to a boolean. Are there other values
possible?

>  - Builder and arguments grouping, I think this makes sense on the
> HTML page, as they're connected, but does it make sense in the JSON?

indeed, I separated them.

> I think you're getting close to something that's ready to merge
> though.

One last thing, I see that on the html the commom inputs are ommited.
Does this make sense for the json too?

--
Best Regards,

Luciana Lima Brito