guix-devel

Re: Outreachy - Guix Data Service: implementing basic json output for de

From: Luciana Lima Brito
Subject: Re: Outreachy - Guix Data Service: implementing basic json output for derivation comparison page
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 22:47:35 +0000

On Fri, 16 Apr 2021 20:17:45 +0100
Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> wrote:

Hi,

I hope the patch is correct this time.
I considered all you said, so I separated the
functions to get outputs, inputs and sources. I also implemented
everything inside the case of the json/application.

> While a flatter list is what you want when building an HTML table, I
> think you were looking to get a JSON object separating the common,
> base and target elements, right? If so, then map, rather than
> append-map should be more useful to you here. Since above you're
> passing in two lists of three things, if the procedure passed to map
> returns a pair with a string in the first position, you'll end up
> producing the scheme version of a JSON object (an alist).

You were right about that, I'm using map now.

Please, let me know if I missed something.
Thanks in advance, I'm learning a great deal! :)
--
Best Regards,

Luciana Lima Brito
MSc. in Computer Science