guix-devel

Re: Petition to remove hidden flag from cmake-minimal package

From: Tom Hiller
Subject: Re: Petition to remove hidden flag from cmake-minimal package
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 13:11:16 -0400

That is fair.  Thank you,

On 4/2/21 12:37 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
Hi Tom,

Tom Hiller <thrilleratplay@gmail.com> skribis:

I am using it with pack and the minimal requirement the size down but
also prevents a large number of dependencies from being pulled in when
building from source.
The latter is true and makes sense to me, but note that both take about
the same amount of space:

$ guix size $(guix build -e '(@@ (gnu packages cmake) cmake-minimal)')|tail -1
total: 215.1 MiB
$ guix size cmake | tail -1
total: 217.8 MiB

The two are functionally equivalent (same run-time dependencies), which
I guess is the reason why ‘cmake-minimal’ isn’t public, unlike other
“-minimal” variants.

Ludo’.