guix-devel

Re: gnu: imagemagick/fixed: Redirect old sonames to new sonames.

From: Mark H Weaver
Subject: Re: gnu: imagemagick/fixed: Redirect old sonames to new sonames.
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2021 05:36:48 -0400

Mark H Weaver <mhw@netris.org> writes:
> The following dependency chain seems to be responsible for most of the
> imagemagick-dependent packages:
>
> gtk+@3 -> at-spi2-atk -> at-spi2-core -> gtk-doc -> dblatex -> imagemagick

It occurs to me that we could add "stable" variants of the
'imagemagick', 'dblatex', and 'gtk-doc' packages.  The stable variants
would be used as native-inputs by our core packages, thus allowing the
normal variants of these packages to be updated freely on our 'master'
branch.  In particular, we could keep our 'imagemagick' package
up-to-date without grafting and without having to backport fixes.

What do you think?

      Mark