guix-devel

Re: I've rebased wip-ppc64le onto core-updates, Re: Release on April 18t

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: I've rebased wip-ppc64le onto core-updates, Re: Release on April 18th?
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 21:26:11 -0700

Hi Ludo,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Maybe you could “formally” ask for a review of the branch when you think
> it’s ready (perhaps even git-send-emailing the patches to guix-patches,
> for convenience), and then we can merge in ‘core-updates’ (if/when that
> matches other branch scheduling choices).

That's a good idea.  I'll do that for wip-ppc64le-for-master shortly.

I'll do it for wip-ppc64le later, after incorporating the changes from
wip-ppc64le-for-master, and after resolving the issues with the GCC 8
upgrade.

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> It works on my laptop.  :-) If you’re confident, please push—thanks for
> the fix!

Done in commit 341dfe7eda4972af0a027357015ea595314438b0!

> (Next time please report the issue to bug-guix where it’s more likely to
> be seen and dealt with.  :-))

Good call.  It's easy to miss an email in a big thread like this.  Thank
you for noticing it and replying.  In the future, I'll send bugs/patches
to bug-guix/guix-patches to increase their visibility.

--
Chris