guix-devel

Re: GNOME 3.34 in GNU Guix and security

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: GNOME 3.34 in GNU Guix and security
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 04:17:51 -0500

Hi Ricardo!

Thanks for the update!

Also, then reason GNOME work got messed up is that, in wip-desktop, [1] I was not just working gnome packages, but also its dependencies [2] Work involved not just updates, but also improvements. This kinda complicated the "update stuff" norm.

I think that ci.guix.gnu.org should be capable of building your branch.

On a note, I have put more work on myself. When I was working on wip-desktop, I made larget commits instead of 'one change per commit'. So after a discussion, I was asked to split them into smaller chunks. So I need to get #42958 out of the way.

Excellent!  Let me know if there’s anything I can do to assist.

Thanks! I will be sending new patch-set to #42958. I will let you know, once I am done. It would be great if you could review and merge them to core-updates or master.

Regards,
RG.