guix-devel

GNOME 3.34 in GNU Guix and security

From: Léo Le Bouter
Subject: GNOME 3.34 in GNU Guix and security
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 04:19:27 +0100

Hello!

I must come to the conclusion that using GNOME 3.34 in GNU Guix right
now is just straight out insecure. I would advise we either, get rid of
GNOME, backport all individual security patches (they can be
numerous..), or upgrade GNOME to latest and keep up over time.

I don't think we can afford to spend time backporting security fixes to
the numerous GNOME packages with CVEs, not with current resources, it
is time-consuming.

Léo