guix-devel

Re: guix environment --profile with --ad-hoc

From: pkill9
Subject: Re: guix environment --profile with --ad-hoc
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 10:04:36 +0000

Hi,

> Can I ask: What is your use-case? Why not extend the existing profile
> using `guix package -p /path -i foobar`?

I'm making a script that uses guix containers for running applications
isolated from eachother, and I have a single profile for each
application. I want to be able to start the container in a shell for
debugging, and add packages to that session, such as coreutils, without
adding it permanently to the profile.