guix-devel

Re: Hurd substitute availability (27.5%) and next steps?

From: Efraim Flashner
Subject: Re: Hurd substitute availability (27.5%) and next steps?
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 11:01:50 +0200

On Tue, Mar 09, 2021 at 07:57:33AM +0000, Christopher Baines wrote:

> jbranso@dismail.de writes:
>
> > I'd be happy to reformat this as a guix blog post, unless you'd rather
> > I not.
>
> I think another blog post on the Hurd would be nice, although I'm not
> sure what the main takeaway should be. The substitute availability stat
> I led this email thread with doesn't really convey to a wider audience,
> since they're substitutes from my test substitute server setup.

At a minimum it keeps everyone knowing that we're still working on it. I
had a blog post which was mostly a list of packages which still weren't
building on aarch64-linux a few years ago. It'd also be a good way to
group together some of the know-how on how to configure a childhurd with
swap and other stuff.