guix-devel

Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 00:20:15 -0800

Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> writes:

> How about a patch like the following - would it be acceptable to you?

Actually, I've realized that that patch wasn't quite right.  I've
attached a corrected version to this email.

Although the %current-system parameter will look like "x86_64-linux"
because it's a Guix system name, the %current-target-system parameter
will look like "x86_64-linux-gnu" (or whatever the user happens to
supply, e.g. via the --target option of "guix build") because it's a GNU
triplet.  The attached patch accomplishes the same goal as before, but
it uses string-prefix? to check whether we're building for an x86_64
machine, rather than matching on an exact string.

--
Chris