guix-devel

Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?

From: Christopher Baines
Subject: Re: core-updates: Emacs is only supported on x86_64-linux?
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2021 13:41:22 +0000

Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> writes:

> I've noticed that the emacs package only supports x86_64-linux, at least
> on core-updates.  Is that intended?

The relevant commit [1] does mention the intent "Remove "i686-linux"
from supported systems.", but that does differ from my interpretation of
the change, which is only support x86_64-linux.

1:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/commit/?id=0ed631866cc0b7cece2b0a0b50e39b37ae91bb67

I've sent a patch that should add back "support" for other systems:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/46987

That's for master at least, I haven't looked in to what the situation is
on core-updates. It's worth there checking if the build still fails.