guix-devel

Re: Release on April 18th?

From: Leo Famulari
Subject: Re: Release on April 18th?
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2021 14:06:44 -0500

On Wed, Mar 03, 2021 at 01:51:51PM -0500, Leo Famulari wrote:
> More TODOs that I think are possible in this timeframe:
>
> * Fix #46871 (problems with init scripts and guix-install.sh).
>
> * Update tzdata
>
> * Ungraft

I remembered that we also have a few packages that we aim to remove
sooner or later:

OpenSSL 1.0 <https://bugs.gnu.org/46602>

Qt 4 <https://bugs.gnu.org/45704>

Not to mention Python 2
<https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2019-10/msg00696.html>

Of these, I think we could remove Qt 4 for the next release. It's only
used by a few packages. OpenSSL 1.0 and Python 2 could be removed in a
subsequent release, perhaps.