guix-devel

Re: Xpdf with or without Qt

From: Vincent Legoll
Subject: Re: Xpdf with or without Qt
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 18:18:29 +0100

In retrospect, I should probably have added a note in the commit
message that it would be a somewhat major change. With an
emphasis on the X -> QT migration.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 6:02 PM Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:
> How can I personally keep the old variant?
> Should I create a custom channel with xpdf@4.02? Or even xpdf@5 to have
> a higher version number, but with the old 4.02 package code and source?
> Or a manifest including some time-machine thing, or a personal package
> transformation that compiles xpdf --with-source=...?

I don't really know the answer to this, but if you're copying the old code,
just name your "pinned" package "xpdf-4.02" so that it's not recognized
as "xpdf", and that should protect you from xpdf upgrades.

--
Vincent Legoll