guix-devel

Re: [RFC] Package of Nomacs

From: Rovanion Luckey
Subject: Re: [RFC] Package of Nomacs
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2020 16:37:43 +0100

Hi Leo and thank you for your comments.

The nomacs package should probably go to gnu/packages/image-
viewers.scm.
Yup.

Use git-fetch instead and don't recurse into submodules.  You will
likely encounter some errors, because it doesn't seem as though nomacs
expects you to have its inputs properly packages.  *sigh*
Hmm, this one I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind. I think I read in some packaging guidelines that url-fetch was preferred if possible.

Instead of adding the path to the source directory, try `(cd
"ImageLounge")` in a phase after 'unpack.
I'm told that cd is an unbound variable when I try that :/

       #:phases (modify-phases %standard-phases
                  (add-after 'unpack 'cd-to-source-dir
                    (lambda _ (call-with-output-string (cd "ImageLounge")))))

Try to sort them alphabetically, also don't put too much effort into
making the tails align.
Check.

> One thing that's missing is the plugins that are developed in a
> separate git repository [0] and not included in the source tarballs
> of the main repository [1]. Ideas on how to make them available in
> the `plugins` directory during build time are welcome.
A trick that's often used in Guix is
(inputs
 `(("extra-source-package"
    ,(origin ...)))
   [other inputs])
You can then (copy-recursively (assoc-ref inputs "extra-source-
package") destination) in a phase between 'unpack and 'configure.
 Thank you! And thank you for the rest of the comments too.

Happy new year!