guix-devel

Re: Updating to latest Bioconductor release

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Updating to latest Bioconductor release
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 14:59:39 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 20 Nov 2020 at 14:37, Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> > It'd be great if you could reset the branch pointer! :)
>
> Done!  I rebased onto master and pushed to r-wip.

Nice!  Thanks.

(You mean wip-r, right?)

> Many of the commit messages were incomplete (didn’t mention all changed
> inputs) and used the wrong heading “gnu: Update r-foo to 1.2.3.” instead
> of the more greppable “gnu: r-foo: Update to 1.2.3.”.

Just to understand for the next time: when should the commit upgrading
the %bioconductor-version be done?  First one or last one?

(I am speaking of this kind of commit: ac6a55e68a6ed675a55abc5339f776613648cb9d)

> I also saw that r-rsubread fails to build.

That's the thing where I do not understand the concept of WIP branch
if it is not possible to rewrite history.

Only one commit should do the fix. now
e57bf84eb80d6ad23710f2cad3d4fdb44ce1aca5 updates but fails.  How to
proceed without adding another commit ending to master?  Is the fix
added to wip-r and then before rebase to master, do the local rebase
(with reorder and squash) and push?  I am sorry if my question about
the Git workflow is naive, I am not used to work such way. :-)

All the best,
simon