guix-devel

Re: Linking to the data service

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Linking to the data service
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 17:26:18 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 14:19, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Christopher Baines <mail@cbaines.net> skribis:
>
>> What I'm suggesting here is that there's some web pages that sit outside
>> of the Guix Data Service, and try and help users of Guix do things like
>> searching for packages, and looking at versions through time. Those
>> pages could be powered by data from data.guix.gnu.org.
>
> I added links to the version history in package pages at
> <https://hpc.guix.info/browse> (which currently needs an update.)

>From <https://hpc.guix.info/browse> I type gmsh and then click to:

   <https://hpc.guix.info/package/gmsh>

        Uh-oh...

        The package is gone!

Guix <https://hpc.guix.info/package/guix> is also gone.

> Perhaps we could add links to the version history and package
> reproducibility bits at <https://guix.gnu.org/packages>?  Any takers?

Yeah, this could be helpful to have a button which points to:

<https://data.guix.gnu.org/repository/1/branch/master/package/gmsh/output-history>

The reproducibility seems still a bit more experimental to me.

All the best,
simon