guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc1 available for testing!

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: GNU Guix 1.2.0rc1 available for testing!
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2020 16:26:38 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 15:41, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:
> Mathieu Othacehe <othacehe@gnu.org> skribis:
>
>>> Should we go ahead and apply this one?  Not polling would be nicer, but
>>> maybe there’s no real way to do that?
>>
>> I proposed a variant of this patch a few minutes ago. I added some time
>> logging and I would like to see what's the result on Florian machine to
>> see if the new delay is large enough.
>
> Awesome.
>
> One this patch is in, I think we’re ready for either an RC2 or the real
> thing.

Real thing potential means “1.0.1” troubles.  On the other hand, I will
not have time to test more.  So… :-)

BTW, I am failing with Docker [1,2].  And aside, skopeo (the tool that
avoid the duplication of the image) seems broken.  Therefore, provide an
experimental Docker image should be postponed to the next release.

1: <86pn4esca3.fsf@gmail.com">https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/86pn4esca3.fsf@gmail.com>
2: <86k0ums3xw.fsf@gmail.com">https://yhetil.org/guix-devel/86k0ums3xw.fsf@gmail.com>

All the best,
simon