guix-devel

Re: Releasing guix binary in Docker format too?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Releasing guix binary in Docker format too?
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2020 13:47:02 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 06 Nov 2020 at 10:59, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

>  guix pack guix -f docker -S /bin=bin \
>    --entry-point="bin/guix-daemon --disable-chroot"
>
> might work, right?
>
> Someone needs to try because the devil is in the details.

I will try to give a try.  If someone does not beat me.

> To me there are still important unknowns regarding an official Docker
> image (how to build it, how to upload it), so I’m not confident about
> getting that done in time for 1.2, but progress on that front is welcome
> anytime!

I am proposing to add an experimental box to:

  https://guix.gnu.org/en/download/latest/

Docker image with maybe a link to Cookbook (or elsewhere).  It is the
best way to have feedback. :-)

Yeah, you are right, it is premature to communicate via the release v1.2
without more tests.

All the best,
simon