guix-devel

[OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 11:06:55 -0400

Hello Guix!

As of today, my Outreachy Internship is over. I am very grateful to Guix
for giving me this amazing opportunity.

My work were done in wip-desktop branch. Some of the work are already
being merged to master. Some more work in wip-desktop, require testing
plus fix for some run-time errors, after which they will be merged to
master.

I initially planned to work on GNOME, Xfce, MATE and Enlightenment. But
in the given time-frame and other constraints, only working on one of
them (GNOME) was practically feasible. Although, I will still be
continuing to work on desktops, at my own pace.

With regards to changes that were made to GNOME, I will be writing a
blog post soon, which summaries the changes/improvements.

I wanted to convey special thanks to Danny (official mentor) and Tobias
(unofficial co-mentor), for helping me through-out the internship. I
definitely could not have done it without them.

Regards,
RG.