guix-devel

Re: Persian translation

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: Persian translation
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 12:57:37 -0400

Hi Ali Reza,

Ali Reza Hayati writes:

> Hey guys.
> I hope you all are well.
>
> I wanted to contribute to GNU and Guix but I'm not a programmer so I
> thought maybe I can translate Guix to Persian if it's needed. Can you
> guys help me to start? What should I do? Where should I start?
>
> I have a GNU Savannah account now. What's the next step?

Thanks for your interest and for volunteering to translate Guix into
Persian.  I'd be happy to help with translating and/or reviewing
yours/others' translations.

I believe the translation of Guix is done using the Translation Project,
consisting of the three "packages" guix [0], guix-manual [1], and
guix-packages [2] as of now.

[0]: <https://translationproject.org/domain/guix.html>
[1]: <https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-manual.html>
[2]: <https://translationproject.org/domain/guix-packages.html>

We should probably start by emailing the "team lead" for the Persian
team <https://translationproject.org/team/fa.html> and ask to join the
team.  I don't think translating Guix requires a disclaimer, but you may
consider doing so anyway, if you may at some point in the future
contribute translations to other projects which require it.  It would
probably be a good idea to join the translation-team-fa mailing list as
well.

<https://translationproject.org/html/translators.html> contains general
instructions for translators.