guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2020 01:05:21 -0400

@Danny

I reply to your other comments soon.

> openni2: Is it really necessary to have JRE and the JDK as REGULAR inputs?
> Why?

Ah, thanks for spotting that. It is only required during build. I have
moved them to native-inputs now.

> opesles: Did not review yet.  Do we need that random commit ea5104b?  Is
> there a release to use instead?

Unfortunately, this project neither does releases nor tags. They just
bundle things in versioned folders.

>   >+    (license (license:non-copyleft "Refer individual files"))))
>   I don't think that's acceptable.  If it were, we could just remove the
> "license" field of all packages--because that's always true.

Makes sense! Fixed it now.

Please find the attached patches that are to be applied between
rust-imgref and gtk+-2 commits.

Regards,
RG.