guix-devel

Re: Jami bug source investigation #4

From: Jan Wielkiewicz
Subject: Re: Jami bug source investigation #4
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:23:39 +0200

On Mon, 22 Jun 2020 09:32:50 +0200
Pierre Neidhardt <mail@ambrevar.xyz> wrote:

> Great!  Does this fix any other issue?
> Does it warrant a package upgrade in Guix?

This alone didn't fix the problem, but as no other possibility was left
than broken pjproject, I tried to fix it and succeeded.
It is mandatory to pass "-DNDBUG" flag to turn off assertion.
https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#Performance
https://trac.pjsip.org/repos/wiki/FAQ#assert

"Release mode. Don't forget to set the appropriate compiler
optimization flag, and disable assertion with -DNDEBUG."

This surely fixes the bug the reason of I was chasing for several
months, where after disconnecting from audio call, the daemon
"crashed" (asserted).
It is also possible this fixes some other issues with SIP, I didn't
test, because I was uninterested.

I'll prepare my messy code for committing once I have more time.

I'm not sure whether I should fetch from git or use a tarball after
doing all this work. Fetching from git adds more complexity to the
packages, but it gives me more control over it plus I'm not sure if I
can trust the tarballs anymore, after two cases where some files/folders
were missing.

Once I'll send the patches, would be cool if someone tested it.

Jan Wielkiewicz