guix-devel

Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix

From: Raghav Gururajan
Subject: Re: [OUTREACHY]: Integration of desktop environments into GNU Guix
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 09:12:08 -0400

Hi Danny!

> for dconf:
>
> * What does patch-timeout-tests do and why?

It disables couple of tests. Because it timeouts during check phase.

> For nuspell:
>
> * Why doesn't ronn work?  Is it also because of hpricot being missing?

I think so. I did not package hrpicot for ronn, because the project has
ended. https://github.com/hpricot/hpricot

I presume ronn project is or will-be working on a replacement dependency.

> For enchant-1.6:
>
> * I've re-added disable-static.  We generally don't use static libraries in
> Guix.

Ah yes! Thanks for spotting it.

Regards,
RG.