guix-devel

Re: [FONTS]: Media Type Specification Changed.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: [FONTS]: Media Type Specification Changed.
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 20:09:11 +0200

Raghav,

Raghav Gururajan 写道:
Nice! I was wondering what happend to you. ;-)

The bad things.  All of them.  In order.

No, my goal was to enable other types. I happened to update it like that and assumed I did it correctly when I came across this MIME thing.

You did fine, only renaming ‘truetype’ -> ‘ttf’ should have been separate. If it had been, I don't think it would have been merged. Also omitting it from the change log feels... sneaky, while I'm sure that wasn't your intention.

Writing commits (*including* the diff) firstly for humans is important! Even if it feels tedious and you really really want to git commit -a.

Anyway: since ‘share/fonts/ttf’ makes font-gnu-freefont inconsistent with our other fonts[0] for little reason I'd like to revert it back to ‘truetype’ & change ‘share/fonts/otf’ to ‘opentype’ as well. What do you think?

(Not sure what to do with ‘woff’ so I won't touch it.)

But anyway, before merging I well-tested the patch. It does not affect
anything.

I know :-) Fontconfig doesn't care about the subdirectory names, it just scans them all. The names are for humans. All the more reason not to abbreviate them IMO.

Kind regards,

T G-R

[0]: At least the ones I have installed.