guix-devel

Re: Reference by biblatex-software exporting?

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Reference by biblatex-software exporting?
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 14:40:54 -0400

Le 4 mai 2020 12:35:40 GMT-04:00, zimoun <address@hidden> a écrit :
>Dear,
>
>Referencing software is now a key point in Scientific publications.
>INRIA and Software Heritage propose this BibTeX format [1].  One first
>question is: is it french specific? i.e., other scientific communities
>have proposed similar?
>
>[1]
>https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex-contrib/biblatex-software
>

>I would like to be able to do: guix show hello --format=biblatex and
>then obtain one almost ready BibTeX entry.
>And I like to be able to do: guix describe -f biblatex and then obtain
>the relevant information to cite in a paper.
>
>Because it is very "scientific" specific, does it make sense to
>include such feature?
>

>All the best,
>simon
>
>ps:
>Discussing recently the output format of packages, especially the
>command 'search' and 'show', I am in the process to propose in
>addition to the 'package->recutils' procedure, other formats such as
>'package->json' or 'package->oneline'.  Well, that's another story.
>:-)

I'm not sure if that's the package I use implicitely or if it's something else,
but I can cite software with @software entries in bibtex. I think that's a
really nice idea, and having multiple formats to choose from would be cool. I
don't think that having a format that only scientists would use is an issue, as
a good part of our audience is in the scientific community anyway. As long as
it's not the default, it wouldn't bother other users.

Exciting :)