guix-devel

Reference by biblatex-software exporting?

From: zimoun
Subject: Reference by biblatex-software exporting?
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 18:35:40 +0200

Dear,

Referencing software is now a key point in Scientific publications.
INRIA and Software Heritage propose this BibTeX format [1].  One first
question is: is it french specific? i.e., other scientific communities
have proposed similar?

[1]
https://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/biblatex-contrib/biblatex-software

I would like to be able to do: guix show hello --format=biblatex and
then obtain one almost ready BibTeX entry.
And I like to be able to do: guix describe -f biblatex and then obtain
the relevant information to cite in a paper.

Because it is very "scientific" specific, does it make sense to
include such feature?

All the best,
simon

ps:
Discussing recently the output format of packages, especially the
command 'search' and 'show', I am in the process to propose in
addition to the 'package->recutils' procedure, other formats such as
'package->json' or 'package->oneline'.  Well, that's another story.
:-)